Making this ice cream requires a lot of patience, but it is well worth it in the end. Make sure you use real white chocolate.
Tortillas De Harina (White Flour Tortillas)
Yield: 8-12 Total Cooking Time: Temperature: Medium-High 20-25 minutes Freeze Well 4 cups flour 4 tablespoons shortening 2 teaspoons salt 1 1/2 cups warm water, 2 teaspoons baking powder approximately 1. Combine dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and cut in shortening. 2. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add water, a small amount at a time, and work mixture into a dough. 3. Knead dough until smooth, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes. 4. Form dough into balls the size of an egg. Roll each ball of dough into a circle 6 inches in diameter. 5. Heat a griddle or skillet on medium-high heat. Place each tortilla on griddle and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side. (Tortilla should be lightly speckled.)
Made this cake a while ago for a friend and it was a big hit. I used 2 duncan hines triple chocolate cake mixes for the cake part. The white chocolate butter cream, was amazing and it was perfect to pipe. I based my recipe off the wilton recipe, but i added quite a bit more powdered sugar than it called for, and only a few table spoons of milk.
New Mexican green Chile enchilada casserole
1 large chicken breast boiled in 3/4 cup water, cooked to 165 degrees
Half onion, chopped
4 fresh roasted hatch big jim green chiles, chopped (can also use fresh roasted anaheims, but do not use canned chile)
18 yellow corn tortillas
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded mexican blend cheese
1. Boil chicken to 165 degrees and shred. Save chicken broth.
2. Combine chicken, chicken broth, onion, sour scream, 1 cup cheese, chilies and garlic in bowl.
3. lay 6 corn tortillas in a 9 X 13 in pain sprayed with vegetable oil.
4. spread a layer of mixture over the top.
5. Repeat to make a total of 3 layers and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
I hope you enjoy my new cooking blog!
Turtle pudding Cookies
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Recently, I have had a fascination with adding pudding mixes to cookies. It makes the cookies super soft and so delicious.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 and 1/2 cups of flour
- One 3.4 oz. package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 36 wrapped caramels
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups semisweet dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, pudding mix and salt.
- Cream butter and sugars in mixer. Add vanilla and eggs. Slowly mix in flour. Add pecans and chocolate morsels, but reserve about a half cup of each.
- Place golf ball size scoops of dough on cookies sheet and press 1 caramel into each cookie. Top with reserve chocolate morsels and pecans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350.