Making this ice cream requires a lot of patience, but it is well worth it in the end. Make sure you use real white chocolate.
10 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup sugar
5 large egg yolks
1. Place the chopped white chocolate in a bowl and place a wire mesh strainer over it.
2. Heat the millk and sugar in a sauce pan.
3. Whisk the egg yolks in a seperate bowl. Slowly add the the heated mixture to the yolk. This whole process should take about 20 minutes and initially, i add about a table spoon at a time.
4. Once all the milk is added, return the mixture to the sauce pan and heat it until it becomes a custard.
5. Pour the mixture on top of the white chocolate and stir until melted. Place in a bowl of ice, in the refrigerator and cool completely.
6. Churn the ice cream in ice cream maker for about 25 minutes.