Caramelized onions are a great addition to hot sandwiches.
Ever low on groceries and too poor to buy food? You just have to make do with the food you do have….. Continue reading
AKA Page McConnelwiches
Turkey breast in the slow cooker makes for an easy meal. The little sammiches freeze great and make for a good midnight snack…
Sweet Hush Puppies
- 1 cup self rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon red chile powder
- 1/2 sweet onion minced
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup non fat butter milk
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in separate bowls and then combine.
- Heat oil to medium high heat in frying pan.
- Drop tablespoons of batter into oil. Fry each side until golden brown (2-5 minutes) and set to dry on a paper towel.
You don’t need meat to make a great tasting meal…..