Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy chicken breasts
- 3 bone in chicken breasts
- 2 braeburn apples, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 sweet onion sliced into rings
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (i used sweet baby rays)
- 3 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
1. Combine all ingredients in the crock pot except constarch. Put the onions on the bottom.
2. Cook on high 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
3. Remove 3/4 liquid from crock pot and put on medium heat on stove for 15 minutes until some of the liquid has absorbed. Slowly add cornstarch until it becomes a gravy thickness.
4. Add sauce back into crockpot and let cook for an additional 30 minutes over low.